Sunday, November 11, 2012

Reflections of week 6








“ Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand.”
Chinese proverb

This Chinese proverb quoted by Rick Finnan and Donna Shaw in their  scholarly article on ' Teaching Large Classes II – Enhancing Learning by Engaging Students'  set the tone of the week.Fortunately writer of this article Donna Shaw was one of the guest moderator for the course.

While writing about engaging students her comments on my Nicenet post gave me a new approach to involve students.


 I  converted my old presentation it into a new interactive ppt.All the articles gave valuable inputs but it was difficult for me to assimilate because I am not a techie but   the real reward lies in learning these new things.

How to turn a PPT into an interactive video and How to convert a Power Point into a Prezi-Frame:ology
helped me a lot to complete my task. Prezi was certainly the find of the week for me.I am planning to use it after taking tutorials and practicing it.



  Jeopardy https://jeopardylabs.com/play/wis-100-quiz-2-review was also a good learning experience but I could not use it because of the paucity of time.I have planned to use it in my class with more practice.


Courtney instructed us to continue with our Final Project, Step #5  and suggested us 
 to *implement* our planned technology change into our classes. I can only plan for these changes because our end term examinations are in  progress and the students will re join classes by 15th December.We will begin the report write up in week 8.

We have  crossed the mid way mark of a very rewarding journey.Now the time has come to deliver.

Regards

Raj



2 comments:

  1. We certainly were lucky to have Donna as our guest moderator last week! She engaged you all in a lively discussion.

    I'm happy to hear that you found a new "toy" with Prezi! I'm sure you will create many wonderful presentations with this tool.

    By the way, I love the picture you included of the children with their hands around the world. I always love this type of image. It brings about a true sense of community, which is essential in a language learning context.

    Best,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney

    Thanks for your encouragement.This course has equipped all of us with a lot of new tools which are very effective.We will have to use them as per our requirements.

    Regards

    Raj

    ReplyDelete