Sunday, December 2, 2012

Reflections of Week 9-What is Your Learning Style



It was again a busy and interesting week.

The first target was to submit our Final Project  after using our partner's suggestions.
It was a great experience.I was fortunate to have Ina and Mary as my project partners.Peer review of project report helped all of us a lot.
Finally I submitted my project on Integrating Technology and Task Based approach of Teaching for training students for campus selection process .

This week our course instructor Courtney asked a question and guided us to find an answer.
The question was-"What kind of learner are you?" 



I could not stop myself from taking this quiz on What is your Learning Style-I was really excited to know about myself.

I enjoyed doing this quiz.Here are my results:

Rajkumarsingh’s Learning Style Results

 from Edutopia:

What's Your Learning Style?

Linguistic 58%
Logical-Mathematical 50%
Visual-Spatial 58%
Intrapersonal 63%
Interpersonal 69%
Musical 38%
Bodily-Kinesthetic 33%
Naturalistic 67%

These results reflect my learning style.I would recommend everyone to find out.
After this you can read a very comprehensive and concise explanation of each learning style and how to cater to the needs of different learners.

You can find these details on http://www.edutopia.org/your-learning-styles

Once again we had a great collection of material for our Discussion topics.All these reference materials helped me to develop my viewpoint on the topics of Learning Styles?Multiple Intelligence.I went through all of them.I found some of them very detailed .Here they are for further reference:



Technology can help provide a range of learning styles in the classroom. We shared our ideas about ways that we could use technology to address a variety of learning styles in our classes. 
I posted my  few observations on Multiple Intelligence and Technology based on following video of Howard Gardner in our Discussion:


I think that now the time has come when we should give due importance to this wonderful concept of Multiple Intelligence in our course curriculum of language teaching.

Now we are moving towards the last part of our rewarding journey.I will really miss my course instructor Courtney ,this vibrant group and Jupiter Grades which reminds me of my early student days and once again reiterate the fact that you may be any kind of learner but to prove your worth you will have to get higher grades.

Regards

Raj

4 comments:

  1. Dear Raj,

    As usually you provide us with a detailed description of the fulfilled work. Thank you for the video. Prof.Gardner is a real expert of psychology.

    I am not surprised that the most developed style of yours is interpersonal. I am still very thankful to you for inviting me to be the part of your team, and for providing a very valuable feedback! Thanks to you and Mary I focused on the weak points of my report.

    Take care!
    Ina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ina

    Thanks for your positive remarks.A thanks giving is customary but I think we have shared a lot of thanks. You are fond of quotes that's why I would like to express my feelings in the words of J.A.Shedd -

    “He who thanks but with the lips
    Thanks but in part;
    The full, the true Thanksgiving
    Comes from the heart.”

    Keep in touch after the course.

    Thanks & Regards

    Raj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raj,

    My highest level of intelligences are intrapersonal and interpersonal too! I'm glad you enjoyed learning more about yourself as a learner!

    I think its a great idea to have students take these types of tests too. It's a great activity to do at the beginning of a course, in the first week, to begin to open student's awareness of these concepts. You can then continue to discuss these concepts regarding classroom activities you do in the future. Incorporate a variety of approaches into your teaching to cater to the different learning styles. Make students aware of what approaches match each style.

    I believe knowing ourselves as learners is a powerful tool.

    Best,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Courtney

    I am also glad to know that your highest level of intelligences are intrapersonal and interpersonal.Thanks for your guidance in this regard.I am going to apply this from next semester.I am eagerly waiting to start my new semester with some positive changes in my style and approach of teaching.

    Best Regards

    Raj

    ReplyDelete